Gas leakage detector/Alarm, used in Methane CNG system Gas Converted Cars
Alarm (Make ""B, B, B...."Sounds and red light flash) when CNG/nature gas leakage happened and reached preset gas density, to remind you to take effective actions to prevent potential accidents.
- Applicable medium: CNG
- Alarm set value: 1.0-25%LEL(500-12500PPM)
- Input voltage: DC12V/300Ma
- Quiescent Dissipation of power: Less than 0.5W
- Alarm Dissipation of power:Less than 3W
- Response time: 30 Second
- Alarm sound volume: 80 Decibel (1meter distance)
- Use life of gas sensitive element : 2years
1. Brief Introduction of the Vehicle-mounted CNG Gas Leakage Detector
This NGV gas leak alarm is to use in those place where there is nature gas, when the leaked gas ratio reach setup alarming value, the alarm will make acousto-optic alerting signal, remind you to take effective action (park the car aside immediately), the detector will shut off gas supply in 15 seconds, hence prevent the happening of fire, explosion, smother etc disastrous accidents. The product is featured with its high sensitivity and stability.
2.1 The detector consists of: Indicator, Detection head, Alarm Controller (with a detection head inside), Mechanical arm (consist of 4parts)--not included here.
- A. Indicator: Power switch, green yellow red--three display lights and a built-in buzzer.
- B. Alarm Controller: there is three function buttons on it:
- B1, Detector's Self-checking/Testing; B2, Positive Opening (mechanical arm); B3, Force Close (mechanical arm).
- C. Detection head (in the engine compartment) is to connect via a three wired cable to Indicator; Alarm controller is to connect via a seven wired cable to Indicator; mechanical arm is to connect via a two wired cable to Alarm controller.
2.2 Installation details
- 2.21 Alarm controller is to install where need to check gas leakage (for example: the trunk). Position it around 0.3metre away from the CNG tank' gas outlet port. And install it above.
- 2.22 Indicator is to position at a proper place near the dash board.
- 2.23 Detection head is to install where need to check gas leakage (for example: the engine compartment). Position it above and away from heat source.
- 2.24 The controller of EOV-electrically operated valve (Mechanical arm) is to install on CNG tank's shut off valve, its axes should go against rightly to the shut off valve's. The two screws on the tumbler of valve shut off device are for fixing and adjusting the valve's handle. It’s required that the valve shut off device is synchronous with the valve's handle to close or open, OR it will cause the valve crack, suggest doing fine adjustment 2 or 3 times each on open/close this two ultimate position, finally tightening all screws.
- 2.25 Black wire of the indicator is connected to negative; Red to positive.
- 2.26 Don't turn off the detector if not park the car for long time, as its quiescent dissipation is less than 0.5W. Note:
- 2.261 Indicator shall position where easy to watch.
- 2.262 Alarm controller should position where easy to check, and likely occur gas leakage.
- 2.263 Don't use super high density gas to test this detector, for lest it may damage the device, shorten it use life, and may do harm to human health.}
- 2.264 Dropping or hitting when installing the detector is forbidden, or the products will be damaged.
- 2.265 The detector should not install where is with good ventilation;
- 2.266 Do not cover the detect device with other stuff.
- 2.267 It is not allowed to contact with glue, paint, alcohol, isolate the detector immediately once these elements found in the environment, in case the detector sensors be damaged.
- 2.268 New decorated cars (including the genuine leather seat), if completely ventilate less than 5days, it is not allowed to install this detector.
- 2.269 It is forbidden to use deinsectization poison, air freshener, glue, hair spray, dense perfume in engine compartment and where near the CNG tank, in case the detector sensors be damaged.
- 3.1 Power light: always on when working, and off when alarm, flash every 1 second when preparing.
- 3.2 Alarm light: Red light, on when alarm; off when alarm stop. when Detection head in the engine compartment alarm, red light flash twice every 1 second; when alarm controller near the CNG tank alarm, red light flash once every 1 second; if the both alarm, red light keep on.
- 3.3 Trouble light: Yellow light, it's on during malfunction or abnormal alarm; when Detection head in the engine compartment mal-function, yellow light flash twice every 1 second; when alarm controller near the CNG tank mal-function, yellow light flash once every 1 second; if the both mal-function, yellow light keep on.
- 3.4 Follow above instruction to install and fix the detector, turn on power source, green light flash once every 1 second, detector get into preparing status, it has no detecting function, don't test it with gas at this moment, in about 1-4minutes, green light stop flash and keep on, that means it get into normal working condition. when the detected gas density reach default value, red light flash and after 3 seconds the green light will be off, buzzer make "B, B..." alarm sounds, reminding the driver via acousto-optic alarm method to take effective action: park the car aside, the detector will shut off gas supply in 15seconds; when detected gas density below default value, the detector will stop alarm and return to normal working state.
- 3.5 If press the "self-check/test" button, less than 1.5 seconds, the detector will get into "self-check" state, red and yellow lights flash, buzzer make "B, B..." sounds; when more than 1.5seconds, the detector will get into "test" state, red and yellow lights flash, buzzer make "B, B..." sounds, and output signal of "shut off mechanical arm".
- 3.6 In normal condition, if press "positive opening", the detector will forcibly output "positive opening" signal to facilitate the tank vale under open state; when gas leakage detected, pressing the "positive opening" is in vain.
- 3.7 If press “Force close (mechanical arm) “, the detector will forcibly output "Force close" signal to facilitate the tank vale under closed state.
- 3.8 When the detector alarm because of gas leakage, pressing any buttons are all in vain.
When red alarm light on and there is alarm sounds too, it means there exist high density CNG gas in the air. Driver should park the car aside at once, take following actions:
- 4.1 Shut off all gas supply source (tank valve switch etc)
- 4.2 Open car doors and windows at once, to allow air circulation, venting the gas.
- 4.3 Forbid fire or using electrical products at this moment.
- 4.4 If some ones feel headache, sickness, feeble, restless, shock etc, please go to hospital for emergency treatment.
- 4.5 After gas dissipate, find out the alarm reasons, handle it timely.
- 4.6 If can not eliminate the accident cause, please ask gas professional to handle the leakage problem.
- 4.7 If it is the product quality causes, please contact supplier to check.
- 4.8 If it is because of CNG leakage, please relative department to check the possible leaked gas source.
- 5.1 Leakage of paint, cosmetics, alcohol etc chemical product may cause alarm of the detector, please get away from these article, to avoid detector's incorrect alarm.
- 5.2 The car used gas leakage detector is safety precaution product, after turned on, better keep it ongoing work, do not turn off power source, without normal power supply, it won't work.
- 5.3 Warranty: 1year; lifelong paid repair available.
- 5.4 Follow strictly the installation instruction, mis-operation caused damages is invalid to ask for warranty
- 5.5 Abnormal of voltage, temperature, humidity etc caused damages or damaged because of fire, earthquake, dropping is beyond warranty.
The gas detector published here does NOT include: Mechanical Arm (Controller of EOV-electrically operated valve).